What an exciting week, first a new house and then the launch of the Living Fresh Flower School! Not sure how I will top it next week, as I do not think painting and stripping wallpaper will add up but perhaps the end results will!
The house was built in the 1940’s but had many upgrades in the 1980’s so it will soon be ready for a face lift but to start out we are only making a few changes. Our plans are to change the following before or shortly after we move in:
- replace the roof
- give all walls, ceilings and trim a fresh coat of paint
- sand and refinish the hardwood floors
- replace hardware on kitchen cabinets (once I find the right replacement)
- remove the roof off the deck as it was not installed properly
- start landscaping the front and back yards
- change all the light switches and electrical outlets
- replace ceiling fans and light fixtures with new ones
Here is the house in its current state:
Be sure to check back here as I will be posting the changes we make on the Living Fresh blog!