Winter in Canada is the best time to celebrate the tropics and that is just what five floral students did on Sunday, February 5th, 2012 in the Living Fresh Flower School’s Tropical Paradise flower class.
In this class, which was held at the Button Factory in Uptown Waterloo, we brought the tropics too Canada and spent the afternoon creating floral pieces of art with exotic flowers from all over the world.
The Classroom Before Class
- Lobster-Claws – Heloconia psittacorum
- Gingers – Zingiber officinale
- Pink Mink Protea – Protea Neriifolia ‘Pink Mink’
- Red Protea – Protea sp.
- Oncidium Orchids – Oncidium Gower Ramsey ‘Volcano Queen’
- Safari Sunset Leucadendron – Leucadendron sp.
- Common Sunshine Conebush – Leucadendron salignum
- White WaxFlower – Chamelaucium uncinatum
- Pink WaxFlower – Chamelaucium uncinatum
- Monstera Leaves – Monstera deliciosa
- Green Cordyline Leaves – Cordyline terminalis
- Purple Cordyline Leaves – Cordyline terminalis
- Palm Leaves – Chrysalidocarpus Leutesense
- Song of India – Dracaena reflexa ‘Song of India‘
- Bear Grass – Xerophyllum tenax
- Salal – Gaultheria shallon
Supplies and Accents List
- Oasis Instant Floral Foam
- Waterproof Tape
- Floral Picks
- Floral wire
Bear Grass Weaving Demonstration by Tina
Floral Demonstration by Deb
Student Weaving an Armature with Bear Grass
Students at Work on their Tropical Paradise Arrangements
The Students and their Tropical Paradise Floral Art Pieces
A big thank you to all the students who attended the Tropical Paradise flower class, your pieces were stunning and you should all be very proud of yourselves. Deb and I were very impressed in how unique each one your pieces were. Bravo!
Our next flower class Colour Theory – Pink on Sunday, March 11 from 1 to 4pm at the Button Factory. In this class we will be designing holiday centrepieces for your dining room table. We hope you can join us!