BlogPodium was created by bloggers Lindsay from Little House Blog and Jen from Rambling Renovators for bloggers. The purpose of BlogPodium is to bring conversation, collaboration and connection among lifestyle and design bloggers, the media and the design community. The focus of this first conference was blog and the media and we were lucky to have a fabulous panel of media mavens to give us their take on blogging and the relationships that can evolve between bloggers, television, print, and online media.
L to R: Lindsay, Leigh-Ann, Jennifer, Kimberley, Kate & Margot
The fabulous panel of speakers for the event:
- Margot Austin, Senior Style Editor for House & Home Magazine
- Kate Moore – CityLine Producer
- Kimberley Seldon – Editor in Chief for Dabble Magazine & Design Editor for Chatelaine Magazine
- Jennifer Flores – Published Blogger of Rambling Renovators, and Co-Founder of BlogPodium
- Moderator – Leigh-Ann Allaire Perrault, Cityline Expert
Shauna Levy of IDS12 - Event Sponsor
The Media Mavens
A little summary of the great conversation and advice shared at BlogPodium:
- Be personal; show your own work to stand out from the rest.
- Show your love, your passion and your personality.
- Blogging has created a circle of communication between media and readers; it has lead to a dilution of experts. Be part of that circle.
- Have fun, don’t be too earnest.
- Edit your blog, it is key.
- When blogging other peoples work always give credit, credit photographers, designer, stylists etc.
- Print media is looking for a story.
- If pitching to magazines, understand the look and feel of the magazine. Don’t pitch something outside of their aesthetics.
Pretty flower arrangements by We Create Hoopla
Check out the amazing swag each blogger in attendance went home with thanks to the amazing sponsors of BlogPodium:
And we cannot forget the other fabulous businesses that supported the event:
- Jason Hudson Photograpghy
- Home Depot
- Chapters Indigo
- Pure Green Magazine
- We Create Hoopla
- Milk and Cookies
- House and Home Magazine
- Benjamin Moore Paints
- The Penny Paper Co.
- Chocolate and Cherries
Thank you to all the great people and businesses who made this event possible, there is nothing better than a great bunch of bloggers getting together to celebrate their craft! We was a treat to be part of the first ever BlogPodium!
For more images of the event, check out the Flickr photostream for BlogPodium.
The next BlogPodium conference is planned for May! See you there!