Life has been so busy lately that I have not have much time to blog but I wanted to share a few late words about the last Blog Podium event, “The Business of Blogging”, which was on May 26th, 2012 at the Arcadian Loft in Toronto. Lindsay and Jennifer and the Blog Podium sponsors did such a great job with the event that it only seems fair to give them some loving over here at Living fresh.
I’m not going to spend time recapping what was said at the “The Business of Blogging” event as it has been said by many other bloggers and really you had to be there. Instead I want to briefly chat about the thoughts and ideas the event provoked in me about my blog. I have had this blog since 2007 and over the course of its existence it has changed and evolved a lot. It honestly took me 3 years to find my blogging voice and even today I struggle with that voice, especially when I’m busy. Lately this space has been neglected due to my busy schedule and I’m hoping to change that very soon.
With that being said, here are my thoughts and some of the goals I want to achieve with regards to this good old blog:
- Blogging should be fun always. If it is not then what is the point of doing it. I need to make it fun again.
- I need to start sharing more than just my own work; my own work should be a treat for my readers. At times it is all that they see.
- I would like to start advertising on my blog but it has a long way to go before that becomes a reality. I’m setting a goal for myself to post more regularly to increase my readership so that by the end of the year advertising may be a possibility. I’m a small business owner and making money on the things I invest my time into is important.
- Start blogging about the great businesses out there that I use and that I think my readers would appreciate.
- Get back into the habit of reading other blogger’s blogs again. Due to my busy schedule I had to give it up and now I only visit a few of my favourite blogs once in a while. I feel like I have walked away from the blogging community and I miss the people.
- Start having guest bloggers post on my blog, this will give me more time and hopefully be a treat for my readers. (If you are interested please let me know!)
- Make videos! People love videos and I have some fun things to share with you all via video.
Now I just need to find the time to focus on these ideas and goals.
(images: Mango Studios)
Can’t you tell we had a blast at Blog Podium!